The Masterpieces of Classical Music are presented and simplified in Piano By Number original arrangements! This volume contains “Moonlight Sonata,” Bach’s “Prelude #1,” and “Fur Elise” plus many more favorites (see full list below). More complex than any of our other books, each song includes helpful commentary and suggestions for how to practice the piece. This fun, low-pressure piano method will familiarize you with some of the greatest masterpieces of classical music.
- Recommended for older children, ages 8 and up
- Includes printable template for PIANO BY NUMBER stickers
- Free pre-printed stickers sent worldwide if requested
- Download the PDF to your tablet or print the pages and play!
- Download customers also automatically receive our EASY CLASSICAL Play Along CD in the form of MP3 files (audio) via email, plus the 54 minute DVD from TEACH YOURSELF PIANO in the form of MP4 (video) files. You can play these files on any device.
- We'll email you a password for FREE access to the following online learning tools:
1) Play Along Songs Vimeo Audio Site: A selection of songs from EASY CLASSICAL PIANO that you can play along with, presented on our Vimeo Audio Site. You can play these songs on any device.
2) Teach Yourself Piano Vimeo Video Site, a 54-minute video of the entire Piano By Number system that will teach you how to play all 12 major and minor chords. You can play this video on any device.
3) Piano By Number Mobile App, a fun mobile app game that will have kids playing songs like Jingle Bells and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star on our numbered keyboard in no time! As you play, Mambo the Jumping Monkey jumps to the correct key if you play correctly, but if you make a mistake and play the wrong key...well you'll just have to wait and see! Play the whole song correctly and receive a prize!
Buy more than one title and save! Check out our collections here!
Piano by Number is a unique visual reference formula for the piano. This is the best opportunity to explore the piano keyboard without the added difficulty of reading music. Our stickers provide an easy learning visual reference point on the piano that generates enthusiasm and confidence. A good start opens the doors to a lifetime of further interest!
Easy Classical Piano contains the following songs:
Beethoven: Fur Elise | Chopin: Fantasie Impromptu | Debussy: Clair de Lune | J.S. Bach: Minuet | J.S. Bach: Prelude #1 in C | Beethoven: Moonlight Sonata | Mozart: Rondo Alla Turca | Beethoven: Rage Over A Lost Penny (Rondo Capriccio) | Rossini: William Tell Overture (Lone Ranger Theme) | Tchaikovsky: Symphony Pathétique
Includes Fingering And Commentary
This book is more complex than any of our other books. Each song includes helpful commentary and suggestions for how to practice the piece. It’s like taking a lesson with an experienced teacher. First of all, you’ll note that there are indications (on the left) for “fingers.”
You’ll need to assign numbers to your fingers, as all pianists do, in order to navigate more complicated music. The finger indications are only a suggestion of what you should use. We suggest that you first try the piece many times using any fingers, until you get the idea.
The music of Bach’s Prelude #1 is presented exactly as it appears in sheet music versions, that is, nothing has been simplified or altered or arranged. You will play the exact notes of the entire piece that Bach wrote 250 years ago! Some of the more complex pieces have been simplified slightly to put them within your reach, but many appear in their original form.
It’s a great way to get started learning piano!