For the Teacher: Recommended Reading
Sifting through all of the articles in the Reading Room might feel a bit daunting, so I've made a selection for you of the best advice I can give, after decades of working with children and instilling in them a joy for playing the piano.
1. The Art of Teaching Children's Piano
2. Piano Teachers' Misconceptions about Children
3. Piano Fun for the Teacher / Fun for the Kids
4. When is Fingering Necessary?
5. Why Kids Dislike Playing with Their Left Hand
6. The Transparent Piano Method
9. Pleasant Piano Lesson Atmosphere
10. Guilt is the Wrong Way to Buy Attention
11. The Ratio of Talk to Activity in Piano Lessons
12. Against Disciplinarian Piano Teachers
14. Longevity and Piano Lessons
15. Pace and Children's Piano Lessons
17. Bill of Rights for Kid's Piano
18. Strict Piano Lessons Don't Work for Kids
19. Why Kids Need Freedom to Learn the Piano
20. Comfort Zone
21. Preschool Piano Lesson Plans
Want to read more articles? Visit our Reading Room.